Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Layering Graphs & using Suppression formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dawnh44
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 25 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 79
Quote dawnh44 Replybullet Topic: Layering Graphs & using Suppression formula
     Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 8:42am
Hello everyone,
 
I'm having a problem with suppressions and graphs.
 
I'm trying to create the following graphs:
 
  1. Graph that will show when there is a category of IDM
  2. Graph that will show when there is a category of NN
  3. Graph that will show when there is both a category of IDM & NN
  4. Graph that will show when there if no category of IDM or NN

I'm trying to put one on the other so that when I run my report only one graph will show at a time.  Is this possible in Crystal Reports?

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 9:03am
i would put each graph on a different RH section and conditionally suppress the sections.
 
I would create 2 flag formuals to use for the suppression
 
//IDM_flag
if field.category='IDM' then 1
//NN_flag
if field.category='NN' then 1
 
make sure both formula are set to 'use defualt values for nulls'
 
insert sums on each of the formulas
now conditinally suppress each graph section using the sums as
 
//Graph that will show when there is a category of IDM
NOT(SUM (@IDM_flag)>0 and SUM(@NN_flag)=0)
 
//Graph that will show when there is a category of NN
NOT(SUM (@IDM_flag)=0 and SUM(@NN_flag)>0)
 
//Graph that will show when there is both a category of IDM & NN
NOT(SUM (@IDM_flag)>0 and SUM(@NN_flag)>0)
 
//Graph that will show when there if no category of IDM or NN
NOT(SUM (@IDM_flag)=0 and SUM(@NN_flag)=0)


Edited by DBlank - 13 Mar 2012 at 9:04am
IP IP Logged
dawnh44
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 25 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 79
Quote dawnh44 Replybullet Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 9:24am
Thank you so much.  I was thinking that was how I would have to do it, but I was just curious to know if it was possible another way. 
 
I appreciate your help.
 
Dawn  Wink
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 9:41am
I am sure there are other ways but this process works. Others might chime in with their preferred method.
I do not know of a way to conditionally alter the structure of the graph.
IF the structure did not change you might be able to devise conditional row level data that the graph is based on...
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum