Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Problem with Charts - X axis showing duplicates in Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pouyaslr
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote pouyaslr Replybullet Topic: Problem with Charts - X axis showing duplicates in
     Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 1:35am

Hi,

 

I have a problem with listing my data in X axis of Crystal Report chart. I have a simple chart and everything in my chart looks fine except the following.

 

I connect excel data to my chart and wherever in my excel sheet I have similar data crystal report cannot distinguish between the difference and I will see repeated words on X axis, I also try to change the words on x axis manualy but it change it for all other simmilar records.

 
For example if I have three rows which have the same values in my following excel sheet (Jan,Jul and Oct 2011), Crystal Report pick only the first one and will repeat it for other two records. I would like to prevent that.
 

Month Downtime Occurrence
2009 Average 91 3
2010 Average 139 3
Oct-2010 182 2
Nov-2010 18 1
Dec-2010 65 3
Jan-2011 0 0
Feb-2011 50 1
Mar-2011 77 2
Apr-2011 45 2
May-2011 55 3
Jun-2011 228 3
Jul-2011 0 0
Aug-2011 30 1
Sep-2011 95 4
Oct-2011 0 0
 

I would appreciate your help.

 


Edited by pouyaslr - 13 Mar 2012 at 11:45pm
Thanks for your help in advance.
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 6:34am
im confused
so this is how it look now
Month Downtime Occurrence
2009 Average 91 3
2010 Average 139 3
Oct-2010 182 2
Nov-2010 18 1
Dec-2010 65 3
Jan-2011 0 0
Feb-2011 50 1
Mar-2011 77 2
Apr-2011 45 2
May-2011 55 3
Jun-2011 228 3
Jul-2011 0 0
Aug-2011 30 1
Sep-2011 95 4
Oct-2011 0 0

how do you want it to look like?
IP IP Logged
pouyaslr
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote pouyaslr Replybullet Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 6:53am
Sorry to confuse you! The problem is I cant upload screenshots of my chart here.
 
The above is the data in my excel document and as you can see there are three rows (Jan-2011, Jul-2011 and Oct-2011) with the same date (0) for both "Downtime" and "Occurence"
 
When I try to show these data on the chart in my X axis I will have (from left to right):
 
2009 Average, 2010 Average, Oct-2010, Nove-2010, Dec-2010, Jan-2011, Feb-2011, Mar-2011, Apr-2011, May-2011, Jun-2011, Jan-2011 (instead of Jul-2011), Aug-2011, Sep-2011, Jan-2011 (instead of Oct-2011).
 
Also if I change months name on my chart manually it will change all the values to the value I changed. For example if I change Jan-2011 for my last month to Oct-2011, other my simillar vlues will change to Oct-2011.
 
I want to prevent that and have months in order on the X Axis of the chart.
 
Hope I explain it clear enough!
Thanks for your help in advance.
IP IP Logged
pouyaslr
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote pouyaslr Replybullet Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 1:09am
Can anobody help please?
I really need to find the asnwer for this!
Thanks for your help in advance.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum