Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Grouping and suppression Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rsj12
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote rsj12 Replybullet Topic: Grouping and suppression
     Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 5:11am
I have a report that groups by vendor and then by contractID. I am showing summed Amounts at each level. If I have only one contract ID appearing under a vendor I want to suppress that grouping.  This could be a sum of >1 record for that ContractID, but I still want to suppress it so that only the Vendor grouping with the summed Amount shows.  If I have several ContractID's under a Vendor I want to show all the summed Amounts listed under Vendor.
e.g.
Vendor1           $500
 
  Contract1       $200
  Contract2       $300
Vendor2           $500
 
Vendor3           $750
 
etc.
Is there any way to do this? Thanks!
rsj
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 5:26am
conditionally suppress the group section (int he section expert) using your desired logic
 
distinctcount(contractid,vendorid)=1


Edited by DBlank - 13 Mar 2012 at 5:26am
IP IP Logged
rsj12
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote rsj12 Replybullet Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 5:50am

I think it worked, thanks a lot!Smile

rsj
IP IP Logged
rsj12
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote rsj12 Replybullet Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 12:49pm
Now I want to show the top 3  Vendor total Amounts at the top of the group and the rest following
e.g.
Vendor3           $750
Vendor1           $500
 
  Contract1       $200
  Contract2       $300
Vendor2           $300
Vendor4           $50
Vendor5           $75
.
.
.
 
1)How do I rank so that only top 3 show first and then the rest?
 
 
 
rsj
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 4:11am
You can sort groups using the group sort expert.
This can only be used for group values that are (or could have been) created using the insert summary function.
this will allways sort ALL groups ascending or descending on the value you selected.
I do not know of a way sort by both group summary data and alpha.
Dependingh on what you want to show your user or the purpose behind this you may want to just use a top N chart in the RH to replace the sorting?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 4:12am

Or you might have to create 2 sub reports to replace your main report as it is but that will also have its own issues.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum