Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Last comment Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Gurbs
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 216
Quote Gurbs Replybullet Topic: Last comment
     Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 1:00am
Hi all,

I have a table containing all the comments made on all the cases. Now I need to send back a file to a customer, with the last comment made on each case. But how do I make sure I only got the last comment? When I just put in the comment field, I get every comment ever made.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards,

Gerben
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 4:43am
this depends on how your data is set up but generally  this woulod be steps to take
group by case (likley a PK field liek caseid or caseno)
place comments fieeld on the group footer.
suppress the detail section
 
this will show you the last comment per group.
 
if you have a datetime field trhat you can use to make sure the details are in order you can sort on that field.
 
you could also conditinally suppress using that field
NOT(maximum(table.datetime,table.caseno)=table.datetime)
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum