Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Parse field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jbalbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Quote jbalbo Replybullet Topic: Parse field
     Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 11:00am
Hi,
 
I have a field I want to sort the data ffrom
but I want to setup a formula to strip off the data until the colon in the field??
 
for example
 
field = community: Park, I want "community"
 
field = Medical: Doctor, I want "Medical"
 
Thanks' In advance
Joe
 
IP IP Logged Edit%20Post Delete%20Post
Hi,
 
I have a field I want to sort the data ffrom
but I want to setup a formula to strip off the data until the colon in the field??
 
for example
 
field = community: Park, I want "community"
 
field = Medical: Doctor, I want "Medical"
 
Thanks' In advance
Joe
 
IP IP Logged Edit%20Post Delete%20Post
Hi,
 
I have a field I want to parse unitil I reach the colon so I can sort
or group by it
 
for example
field="Medical:Doctor" I want Medical
field = "comm:sister" I want comm
 
Thanks In Advance
Joe
 
IP IP Logged
jbalbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Quote jbalbo Replybullet Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 11:11am
ok So I figured out how to get the first part
 Split({Relationship.AbbrName}, ':')[1]
 
Now I want to setup another formula to get what is to the right of the ":" instead of the left?
 
Thanks
 
IP IP Logged
rkrowland
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Location: England
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Quote rkrowland Replybullet Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 12:22am
Originally posted by jbalbo

ok So I figured out how to get the first part
 Split({Relationship.AbbrName}, ':')[1]
 
Now I want to setup another formula to get what is to the right of the ":" instead of the left?
 
Thanks
 
 
Believe it or not;
 
Split({Relationship.AbbrName}, ':')[2]
 
will return the 2nd part! ;-)
 
Regards,
Ryan.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum