Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Radom generator help needed Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Getch
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Quote Getch Replybullet Topic: Radom generator help needed
     Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 5:27am
Hi All,
 
I need to create a unique key on the fly in a report. I have a report which pulls everyone with a current balance but there can be multiple poeple who have a balance in more than one account type.
 
I thought I would use the participant account number, then concatenate a random number and I'd be golden.
 
However, the result is a string with a ".00" at the end
 
I tried left (XX to limit the key but I end up with some "keys" with a "X," which is unacceptable since I will need to export to csv in inder to import into a 3rd party application.
 
Any suggestions?
 
What I am looking to achieve is a simple unique 13 digit number for roughly 16000 records.
 
Newbie reports
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 8:16am
try to
text("",table.field,0)
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum