Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: draw boxes around each character in a column Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
RTSFO
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Quote RTSFO Replybullet Topic: draw boxes around each character in a column
     Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 11:45am
Hello all,
I have a string field like "C1203203-A1" and I am trying to draw boxes around each character in that column.
Is there anyway to come up with a formula to do that?
Thanks
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 12:31pm
A couple ideas come to mind.  If the string is a fixed length and you are using a font where the characters stay same size.  You could overlay a bunch of boxes (one for each possible character position) and have them dynamically visible depending if the value under the box is an character.

I will think about it over the weekend, I may have an better answer. 
IP IP Logged
RTSFO
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Quote RTSFO Replybullet Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 1:21pm
I just came up with an idea. I ma actually grabbing each character separately from the field value and the nplacing them in little text boxes.
Mid((ToText({tablename.columnname})), 4,1)
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum