Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Print a second page - duplex printing? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
tucker2m
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Aug 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote tucker2m Replybullet Topic: Print a second page - duplex printing?
     Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 6:43am

I am trying to figure out a way to set up a feature that when I run a report, no matter the length of the details, a section with our "conditions" will appear on the second page.  This will allow staff to print the report double sided and have the detail information on the first with the "conditions" section on the reverse. 

I am using the Page Headers section and suppressing it for when it is not the second page - this works perfectly when the report is more than one page.  If the report is just one page, then there is no reason for crystal generate the information that would appear on page 2 - our "conditions".
 
The way my data is structured, I do not want to add this to the details section - it throws off my formatting for the rest of the report when I added it there.  All of my data appears in the details section, which is kept together.  What I want to do is have page 1 details, page 2 "conditions" and any additional pages will be any additional details. 
 
I originally researched duplex printing, but couldn't figure out how to use it that would work.   I need to have the report always run the second page with anything before and after page 2 listing all of the details (in this case, art work).  Anyone know how to achieve this?  Thanks.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 8:01am
just as thought....
 
move your logic to the page footer section...this way it will print the condtions for every page.
 
if not that, how about a subreport in the page footer for your conditions.
 
Hopefully one of these will lead to a solution.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum