Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Topic: Converting number to date field Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 11:51am
Hi,
I am trying to convert a number to a date field. Currently, my dates come in in the following format: 08011990 or mmddyyyy I need them to be converted to: 08/01/1900 or mm/dd/yyyy.
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 12:04pm
Dude you are a genius!! I have sat here most of the day trying to get this to work with a CDATE formula. I get some of the programming in this formula, but not sure what the +MID(datestr,3,2) is. Can you calrify just for my knowledge? It worked perfectly though. Thanks a ton.
Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Location: England
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 11:11pm
The MID(datestr,3,2) extracts the DD from your number.
The 2 represents how many characters to extract from your string, and the 3 tells it where to start in the string, ie extract 2 characters starting with the 3rd. 12345678.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum