Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Data Grouping and filtering Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
shiloh
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote shiloh Replybullet Topic: Data Grouping and filtering
     Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 11:00pm
Dear All,

I current design a report, but I face a problem on the ticket no grouping. I have few group of ticket no which all store into ticketno, for example :
Ticket No 1st group =  33092,
2n group of number = AS0000006P
3rd group of number =AS00070001

so, my report need to able to group the normal Ticket number and Abnormal Ticket No in the report.

How to differential the abnormal ticket no, is any ticket no end with character word at the end of the no.

Does any one can help me on how to solve this type of report filtering.

Thanks

Shiloh
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 3:35am
just to double check, and abnormal ticket ends in a character, in any of the groups?
 
if so, something like this should work as a formula, and then you can use the formula to group on.
 
(Right({table.1stGroup}, 1) < "A") or (Right({table.2ndGroup}, 1) < "A") or (Right({table.3rdGroup}, 1) < "A")
 
this should yield a true if normal and false if abnormal
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
shiloh
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote shiloh Replybullet Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 2:55pm
Hi Lockwelle,

Yes, is work in group by product plant, type and also grade. I using formula to work on it's just dont know how to add in additional condition into my formula.

I will try your suggestion into the formula.

Thanks for help
IP IP Logged
shiloh
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote shiloh Replybullet Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 11:37pm
Hi Lockwelle,

I have finish the report. Thanks for your hints. But in Crystal Report it not work well. So, I solve it by using view table in SQL server.

Regards,
Shiloh
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum