Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic Font Sizes Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jpterry
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Quote jpterry Replybullet Topic: Dynamic Font Sizes
     Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 3:54am
I'm using XI and would like to know if there is a way to dynamically change my font size. In a label application for an IT department, I'm printing labels for servers, switches, etc, which sometimes have very long names, and I'm limited to 3" by 4". I know I can determine when the name is too long to print within the margins, but don't know the trick to change the font size smaller.  JPT

Edited by jpterry - 28 Feb 2012 at 3:55am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 4:37am
right click on the field
select format field
select font tab
click on formula button next to size
enter your formual here...
//example
if len({table.name})>8 then 8 else
if len({table.name}) in 5 to 8 then 9 else 10
IP IP Logged
jpterry
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Quote jpterry Replybullet Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 12:16pm
Worked first time, thank you.  JPT
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum