Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Topic: Converting String to Date Record Selection Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 4:07am
I realized I posted this in the wrong forum yesterday:
Is it possible to convert a string to date during the record selection process? I have a table in my SQL database that is of type VarChar and stores the date as 20120227. I cannot convert this to Date on the DB side due to other factors. Is it possible to convert this VarChar field to a date during Record Selection (to be compared against a Date CR parameter)? There is no formatting needed as that's handled elsewhere, I just need to convert it during record selection to use against the Date CR Parameter.
The only way I can think to do it is to use a SQL command but would like to avoid that since I'll need to do redo the entire report.
Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 4:44am
Thanks, however I get a "Bad date Format String" when running a preview. I also adjusted the left({table.strindate},2) to include 4 places. Looks correct in the details section.
Would this be caused by the NULL and "" values in the database?
hi all,
i have a varchar type in sql and it is stored like 22/1/2012. but i want to get opening balance of qty....... if i write "If {DDate} < {?From Date} then "Qty"" but it will showing me 0.
plz help me is this write condition or not.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum