Joined: 19 Oct 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Topic: Summary on a summary field Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 7:35am
Can any one help I have created a summary field:- max({throughput},{machine}) this is a maximum based on the group machine I want to create an average on this summary how do i create a summar on a summary field I am using crystal version 8.5 pls help this is killing me.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 8:58am
You have to create a formula that is a manual running total. Put the formula in the group footer so that everytime you print the Max() value, then you add it to the running total. At the end of the report calculate the average of the entire quantity (use Global variables so that you can keep track of the formulas as the report runs).
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 19 Oct 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Posted: 22 Oct 2007 at 1:45am
Hi thanks for the response but as I am new to crystal what would my formula be??
If I have created a max({throughput}, {machine}) I want to create an average for this on the group machine. so even though I have created a max summary right next to it I want to have the average of the max summary for each group so all it does is take the maximum into consideration.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 22 Oct 2007 at 3:04pm
I would create a counter to track how many machines are in the group. Then create a formula that uses a global variable that gets incremented each time it is called. Put this formula in the group footer. Then create another formula which simply prints the global variable.
The first formula might be:
Global NumberVar NumGroups; NumGroups := NumGroups + 1;
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 12:19pm
Glad it worked.
Thanks for wanting to buy the book (book sales support this site and keep me answering questions). Just click on the banner ad on any page and it takes you to Amazon.
Wait, I see that you're from the UK. Well, you can get it at Amazon.co.uk then. Thanks.
Edited by BrianBischof - 25 Oct 2007 at 12:21pm
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum