Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Grouping With Logic Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
it_tech
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote it_tech Replybullet Topic: Grouping With Logic
     Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 6:24am
I know just enough about Crystal Reports to be dangerous and am trying to put together a fairly complex report. I know exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. I just can't figure out how to do it in CR. I use CR 2008. There are a few things I'm struggling with:
1)I have orders that have a field that designates the type of order they are. I want to print all of the orders that have Type A first, then page break and print all orders that have Type B. I'm already grouping on the customer name to keep all of the orders under the appropriate customer. I just need that separation of the types now.
 
2)Each of these orders have multiple times they need to be sent. I need all of the times tied to each order to print next to it. So for instance order 1 may have 3 times next to it, order 2 may have 4 times, order 3 one time, etc. I'm not sure how to get each of the times to print for each order.
 
3)I need to combine fields into one. I have a First name and a Last name field in my DB. I want one field that shows lastname,firstname and will always be the appropriate size based on the length of the name. Just putting the last name field, a text comma, and the first name field doesn't work because of the static length of the fields and the various sizes of names.
 
Any insight that could be provided on these 3 things would be REALLY helpful.
 
Thanks.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 3:56am
1) add a grouping by type.
  If the grouping is not direct, you can create a formula that will return the value that you want and group by that...the only caveat is that the information must be intrinsic to the data (no conditional computation)...like issue 3)
 
2) I would think that once you have the grouping for type, you would just display the times.  I would think that the data would be there or in a linked table
 
3) create a formula like:
Trim(Trim(table.firstName) + " " + Trim(table.lastName))
 
Now drop the formula where you want the name to appear
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum