I know just enough about Crystal Reports to be dangerous and am trying to put together a fairly complex report. I know exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. I just can't figure out how to do it in CR. I use CR 2008. There are a few things I'm struggling with:
1)I have orders that have a field that designates the type of order they are. I want to print all of the orders that have Type A first, then page break and print all orders that have Type B. I'm already grouping on the customer name to keep all of the orders under the appropriate customer. I just need that separation of the types now.
2)Each of these orders have multiple times they need to be sent. I need all of the times tied to each order to print next to it. So for instance order 1 may have 3 times next to it, order 2 may have 4 times, order 3 one time, etc. I'm not sure how to get each of the times to print for each order.
3)I need to combine fields into one. I have a First name and a Last name field in my DB. I want one field that shows lastname,firstname and will always be the appropriate size based on the length of the name. Just putting the last name field, a text comma, and the first name field doesn't work because of the static length of the fields and the various sizes of names.
Any insight that could be provided on these 3 things would be REALLY helpful.
Thanks.