Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Need a formula to capture everything after a ; Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dawnh44
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 25 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 79
Quote dawnh44 Replybullet Topic: Need a formula to capture everything after a ;
     Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 6:14am
Hello Crystal Gurus,
 
I have a question.  I have a field named {cq_letter;1.a1_name} that contains a name like ABC Hospital; Dr. Something.  I would like to create a formula, so that I only have Dr. Something showing.  Does anyone have any ideas?
 
Thank you in advance.  Wink
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 6:17am
mid({cq_letter;1.a1_name},instr({cq_letter;1.a1_name},';')+1)
IP IP Logged
dawnh44
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 25 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 79
Quote dawnh44 Replybullet Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 9:24am
Thank you again.  You're the best!!!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum