Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: count of group data Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bluelake
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote bluelake Replybullet Topic: count of group data
     Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 7:13am

My report has groups A,B,C (sorted this way).  I have a count of group 2(B) in the group footer.  This is good, I want this.  But, I also want a count of group 2 that bypasses group C.  In other words, I want a sum of the count of group 2, grouped by B but not C.

IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 12:00pm
i'm a little confused, are your groups like this:
group a
  group b
    group c
 
if so then you can write a simple formula like:
sum({table.field}, {group b})
 
if you use the sigma to create a group summation, and you place it on section, say group c, it is basically sum({table.field}, {group c}) and when you change the group, it does to...but writing a formula locks in the grouping value that you want.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum