Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Clearing parameter values Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
digitstech
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote digitstech Replybullet Topic: Clearing parameter values
     Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 12:01pm

I have 2 parameters on my Crystal XI report.  Values are input for the parameters and the report is run. 

When I click 'Refresh' and select 'Prompt for new parameter values' the input boxes for the 2 parameters appear BUT they are populated by the previous values.
 
Question - Is possible to have the previous values cleared from the parameter input boxes each time the report is refreshed ?
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 1:39pm
i dont think there is a way, but you could unselected save data with report
close the report then open it and the previous values should be gone.
IP IP Logged
digitstech
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote digitstech Replybullet Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 10:04am
I tried that kostya, I was real hopeful but it doesn't do anything.
Thanks though.
IP IP Logged
yggdrasil
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Quote yggdrasil Replybullet Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 2:53am
You haven't got a Default value set in your parameter, by any chance.
IP IP Logged
digitstech
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote digitstech Replybullet Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 3:13am
I don't, however, that does bring up a good point.
I tried setting the Parameter default to a space but, on refresh, it still comes up with any initial entry made by the user.
I tried the same thing with a period; same result.
I am confused as to how the default value is supposed to work.

Thanks
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 4:51am
I haven't used the parameter screens in years, but I would think that the default values would be the value displayed when the report is first run (not subsequent runs as you noted they retain values).
 
I was going to suggest the value if you leave the parameter blank or check the is null, but either of these would return either the blank or the null value.
 
Again, I haven't used those screens in years, so I could be completely off my rocker.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum