Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Cross tab excel export, spanned rows Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Topic: Cross tab excel export, spanned rows
     Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 9:32am
I have a cross-tab that contains 2 groups on the left and one group on the top.

The outer group on the left can contain multiple subgroups, and so it is spanned across multiple rows.

However when I export to excel (data only), the group name shows up at the bottom (beside its last subgroup) rather than at the beginning.

So in crystal it looks like this:


A     B1
     B2
     B3


But when I export with data only, I get this


     B1
     B2
A     B3


Which looks bad. Any way to get that A at the top rather than the bottom?

I want to export with data only because otherwise crystal formatting gets in the way and it doesn't look like a clean data dump.



Edited by Keikoku - 30 Aug 2011 at 9:33am
IP IP Logged
kangulo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote kangulo Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 1:05pm

Borrowing this solution posted by ajmufic worked for me:

"adding a column with a unique value, which I then supressed"
 
Add the hidden unique column BEFORE the one you want to show repeating values.
IP IP Logged
RenVilo
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote RenVilo Replybullet Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 10:17pm
Hi,

I'm sitting with the same problem. I don't have something that is unique on the report (but it is unique within a group)

Can someone please explain to me what I can do.
IP IP Logged
kangulo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote kangulo Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 8:33am

Maybe you can add a field to the query OR create a variable in the report that will return a unique value.  For example, rownumber, or a concatenation of two or more fields ...

IP IP Logged
RenVilo
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote RenVilo Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 8:25pm
Hi,

tx for the response but I'm not looking to repeat the value. I am looking to "print" the field name on the top level cell in excel (when I export as data only)

Here's my Crystal View:





And here's how it shows up in a excel export (data only):




So you can see that the "heading" is located in the last cell of excel and I need it on the first.
IP IP Logged
kangulo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote kangulo Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 7:01pm
We did a lot of research but could not find any solution to make the row groups ("headings") appear at the top of the set in excel data only format, so repeating the value became the only satisfactory alternative resolution. If you find a way, please let us know how!
IP IP Logged
RenVilo
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote RenVilo Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 7:20pm
Ok I'll look around but don't know if it is possible.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum