Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Top 25 and bottom 25 sellers report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Pobble
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Jan 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote Pobble Replybullet Topic: Top 25 and bottom 25 sellers report
     Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 7:56am
Hi

New to the forum and also Crystal Reports, so bear with me.

I need to produce a sales report that has the top 25 and also the bottom 25 sellers by product group, of which there are a number of groups.

I can produce it with one or the other, but cannot work out if it is possible to produce a single report that has both the top 25 and the bottom 25 for each  product group.

Any suggestions as to whether it is possible?

Thanks
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 9:39am
sub reports or ...
insert your group value (for the top or bottom N)
use group sort expert on this value for all groups
insert a runninng total to as a distinctcount of the field you are grouping on (seller).
conditionally suppress your sections using
{#RTotal0} in 26 to (distinctcount({table.field})-26)
 


Edited by DBlank - 14 Feb 2012 at 9:41am
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 9:40am
have you considered subreport in report footer, so  that
your main report has top 25 and your subreport has bottom 25
IP IP Logged
Pobble
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Jan 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote Pobble Replybullet Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 5:24am
Thanks for the replies.

As noted in my original post I am new to Crystal Reports and do not follow your suggestions. Possibly I have not explained it properly.

I have a number of product groups (trees, shrubs, bedding, herbaceous, alipnes etc - yes I work in a garden centre) and I have listed the total sales of each plant within each product group for say January this year.

Within each product group their may be 200 or more different plants. I have sorted then from highest to lowest sales and now only want to see the top 25 and the bottom 25 selling plants are in each product group.

I have set it up so that when a product group changes a new page is started, as the report needs to be split between different buyers, so using report footer won't work.

Further suggestions in very simple terms would be appreciated.

Thanks

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum