Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Scheduled Crystal Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
danielboone
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote danielboone Replybullet Topic: Scheduled Crystal Report
     Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 5:17pm
Hello Everyone.  First time on here.  I have been using Crystal Reports for a long time, but I would only consider myself an intermediate user.  Do any of the Crystal Reports levels/versions offer a way to schedule a Crystal Report to run automatically at a set time of the day?  Even better and in addition to this would be the ability to email or text message the results.  Thank you.
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
skyliner34
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote skyliner34 Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 3:18am
I am not aware of a version of crystal that has an in built scheduler. personally I use an application called Report Runner by jeffnet.com, which will output to various formats including SMS text/email and destinations including twitter and sharepoint.
 
There are other schedulers on the market, but I found this one to be one of the better ones and resonably priced.
IP IP Logged
danielboone
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote danielboone Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 2:48pm

Thanks.  I found the site, by the way it is jeff-net.com in case somebody else finds this post and tries to find it.

What does the enterprise level of Crystal do for you?  Don't they do some web type deployment?  I guess it is not automated & scheduled however.
IP IP Logged
AndyLeates
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Oct 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Quote AndyLeates Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 4:25am
Visual Cut would be a reasonably priced alternative
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum