Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Make a Custom Group appear even if no data Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JFinzel
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 49
Quote JFinzel Replybullet Topic: Make a Custom Group appear even if no data
     Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 8:24am
Can I make a custom group that contains no actual data, or at least shows a default value of 0 for the fields I use?  The reason is to show a line item that used to be used for budget purposes, but now contains no data.

I am making a report that groups data according to gift designation, and I want the group name, at least, to show, even if there is no data in the database for that particular group.  Ideally, I would like it to show the name and $0.00 next to the group for its total.  This is what I simply envision:

Fund 1 - 50,000.00
Fund 2 - 75,000.00
Fund 3 - 0.00 (no data in Fund 3)

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 12:30pm
i had this problem and did some research, but couldn't find a crystal solution since crystal cant alter the database. here is a similar topic

http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8353



IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum