Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Displaying alternate Monts/Years in Cross tab Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Gazl
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Gazl Replybullet Topic: Displaying alternate Monts/Years in Cross tab
     Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 2:26am

I was wondering if anyone could help please.

I have created a report that shows running totals of tasks logged per month running back for the past 2 years. What I want to do is create it in a way that I can have a table of 2 years data with The months total from this year beside lasts years total for the same month. I need this to automatically increment each month so that this years total for next months tasks go against lasts years total for the following month also. Ie:  Jan-11, Jan-12, Feb-11, Feb 12 etc etc, Currently I have it setup so that the months are in specific order but it means each month I have to go in and change it to show the current month
Garry Lennon
Carillionplc
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 3:51am
one possible solution:
extract the month value in one formula (and convert to the name if you want)
monthname(month(table.datefield))
extract the year in another
year(table.datefield)
in your CT primary group on month and secondary group on year formula
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum