I have this need quite often but have never achieved a satisfactory solution.
My reports often have the details hidden but allow for the user to double click on the last group to open a new tab that reveals the details. Pretty standard.
In the summary section, I show the 1st and 2nd layer groups with subtotals. This is all that shows on the report until you double click on the last group and then the detail shows....
In my detail, I like to show the field labels at the top of the group (3rd Group), along with all of the detail results. I can't put the field labels on the page header because they are on top of any groups and not immediately above the details.
Question - -
How do I suppress Group 3 (which contains my field labels) while I'm viewing the summary and reveal Group 3 when I click for my details.
I've tried the WhilePrintingRecords function with no success - but its possible I didn't implement it properly. I thought perhaps I could place the labels in Detail A and my actual details in Detail B - at that point my details would have a lable line for EVERY detail line. I think this is the way to go but I don't know how to setup the variable count and reset.
Any ideas?
Edited by tdavenport - 07 Feb 2012 at 11:08am