Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: suppress invalid hyperlinks Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JVDB
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote JVDB Replybullet Topic: suppress invalid hyperlinks
     Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:06am
Is it possible to suppress invalid hyperlinks?
 
I have a report that show parts that are included in a workorder.
Some of these parts have technical drawings and some of them not.
So currently I have a textbox where I put a hyperlink to the possible folder-path.
If this drawing exists than the hyperlink is opening, if not the user gets an error code .
 
So I'm searching for a method to suppress this textbox if the hyperlink is not valid.
 
I now that it can be done with visual studio but I prefer to do it directly from crystal reports
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 3:26am
I don't see where CR has any ability to check if a file exists (which isn't surprising...CR only seems to know about the report, nothing else). There might be a function, but it isn't documented in the Help file.
 
I would try to modify the data so that the report knows if a file exists or not...or is it that the report is giving a path and using a naming convention, so if the file exists that is what it would be called?  If this is the case...well CR won't figure it out until too late. 
 
if the file is in the data somewhere....
or if you are using .Net you could get the initial data results then spin through the dataset and validate that the file exists (modifying the data as needed) and then 'pushing' the dataset to the report.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum