Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Is there a max character limit to text objects? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
smzst5
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote smzst5 Replybullet Topic: Is there a max character limit to text objects?
     Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 4:39am
I am passing text from a CLOB to a Text Object in my report (in CR XI).  The CLOB has about 72,000 characters in it (mostly HTML tags from a Rich Text Editor).  I am noticing that CR only seems to be getting the first 65486 characters.

I've done some looking around and didn't see any mention of a character limit in the CR manual, but found a website advertising CR XI Professional and indicating maximum string size of 64,000 characters, but I want to find something official.

Does anyone know if there is in fact a character limit and has anyone found a way around it?
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 5:59am
I seem to remember reading that the text limit is 64K, but I do not recall where I read it.  I will see if I can find something.  Short of using some sort of code to break up the field into two text boxes, I do not know of a solution.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum