Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Look for file size in formula field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JVDB
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote JVDB Replybullet Topic: Look for file size in formula field
     Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 1:35am
Is there a possibility to lookup the file size via a formula?
 
I have the path to the file on our server in a database field.
I now want to lookup the file size of this file on our server.
 
Can this be done with FileInfo (length) or is there an other way?
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 7:57am

crystal has this
length(table.field) function which gives the number of characters in a field

IP IP Logged
JVDB
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote JVDB Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 5:02am

This is not what I mean.

I have a folder on our server with that contains e.g. :
 
partX.pdf 
partY.pdf
partZ.pdf
 
In crystal report I have a textbox with a hyperlink to this folder.
If e.g. part X is on my report the textbox is hyperlinking to the pdf file on the folder.
 
I want to know the filesize of the pdf file to conditionally change the background color of the textbox because if the filesize of the pdf is smaller than 4 MB this means that the picture is available but not yet updated by engineering.
 
So my question is if I can read the filesize from a hyperlink or a path to a file from crystal report so that I can use this filesize information within crystal report
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum