Ok after playing around a bit. I was able to achieve what I was looking for, thank you! However, I seemed to have created another problem in the process. Unfortunately I don't know much about Crystal and its options, i'm just the person who has the most knowledge of it in the company.
I've always just used record selection and never really understood record selection vs group selection. After reading your suggestion, I realized that group selection allowed me to put in formula's that work with sum's and groups (where record selection only does records). I still do not understand much of record vs group.
My current problem now.
My Record selection has a formula saying:
{table.date} in {?Startdate} to {?Enddate}
My group selection has the forumula you suggested above.
To give you further explanation of how my report looks, I have 2 groups. Order numbers are in a group (Group 2), then group 1 just groups everything by regions. So when running the report, it shows regions, drill down to the order numbers.
I have the {table.netdollars} in the details, then sum of {table.netdollars} in group 2 and lastly, another sum of {table.netdollars} in groupr 1 (the regions group).
Group 2 sums up the net dollars perfectly from the details. Before I had made the changes using the record and group selection, the region group (group 1) also summed up group 2 correctly. After I made the changes, group 2's sum is off, it seems to be pulling more data than what is currently showing on the report. Any ideas?