I have tried modifying your formula any number of ways with no luck.
My {#RTotal0} must count Distinct Table1.ID not all rows.
The Top 5 are 5 Table1.ID(s) but it might contain any number of rows, Table1.ID is not a unique ROWID, it is a document ID, therefore I must return all the rows pertaining to the last 5 Table1.ID entered.
Your "BeforeCount" is returning a date. It seems it should return a number:
if create_date<?seperation date then totext(createdate) else @NULL
should be
if create_date<?seperation date then totext({#RTotal0}) else @NULL
when I do this, all item prior to separation date are numbered same as {#RTotal0} all after are NULL, which seems to be the perfect setup for your conditional suppression formula (which I also had to change to DistinctCount.)
The problem arises when applying the conditional suppression, {@BeforeCount} cannot be summarized.
Since my “customer” is the new owner of my place of employment, and they’ve repeatedly requested this information, I can’t see them changing their needs any time soon. As previously stated, I have completed this by creating a Main Report for Top 5 and a subreport for Bottom 5, I was just looking for a slicker way to accomplish it!
Thanks, as always!