I have a report that lists sales tickets, amounts, etc that is grouped by payment mode (cash, check,ap) the data comes from a tickets table and a payment mode table linked by ticketnumber. This part works fine
I have a third table that contains check data (checknum, date&time...) - now management wants me to add a column that would include that info but when I add the fields to the report it only returns tickets that are included in that check data table.
The following is a sample of what I want:
tkt# mode amt check#
100 cash 10.00
101 ap 10.00 200
102 check 20.00 201
103 ap 30.00
what I get is only tkt# 101 & 102 - the query is simply paid tickets on currentdate - I considered separate subreports for each mode but the situation is that not all tickets have a check associated with it at report time ie; an ap ticket that needs to be repriced
I've had this issue before with other data and resorted to multiple reports to get what I need but this one is a request from management and they don't like to hear 'can't get there from here' as an answer!
Also, this report will eventually be a subreport within another report.
This is all using CRXI & MS SQL 2008
Thanks in advance,
Cyber-guys
