Topic: Count question Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 2:27pm
I am creating a new report that has to be sorted by department, seniority date and name. The incoming data will look similar as follows:
Dept Seniority Date Name
100 1990/02/01 Test4
100 1984/10/01 Test2
100 1983/02/01 Test1
100 1985/01/02 Test3
200 1981/10/01 Test2
200 1979/02/01 Test1
200 1985/01/02 Test3
100 1985/03/02 Test11
100 1985/04/02 Test12
I will sort this report in Dept, Seniority Date and Name so it will look as follows:
Dept Seniority Date Name
100 1983/02/01 Test1
100 1984/10/01 Test2
100 1985/01/02 Test3
100 1990/02/01 Test4
100 1985/03/02 Test11
100 1985/04/02 Test12
200 1979/02/01 Test1
200 1981/10/01 Test2
200 1985/01/02 Test3
I'd like to do a count of the employees by department and highlight the top 1/3 of people out of total employees within each department and put '*' beside them and print a message at dept break saying eg. "3 out of 6 have the highest seniority" in case dept 100 or "1 out of 3 have the highest seniority" etc.
The report should look as follows:
Dept Seniority Date Name
* 100 1983/02/01 Test1
* 100 1984/10/01 Test2
* 100 1985/01/02 Test3
100 1990/02/01 Test4
100 1985/03/02 Test11
100 1985/04/02 Test12
Department 100 3 out of 6 have the highest seniority
* 200 1979/02/01 Test1
200 1981/10/01 Test2
200 1985/01/02 Test3
Department 200 1 out of 3 have the highest seniority etc.
Thanks, that works great. For the asteriks formula, what does the '%' do ? I haven't seen it before. Can I count the asteriks to do my 3 out of 9 etc. total ?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum