| Author |
Message |
lowester
Newbie
Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
|

Topic: Data printing twice? Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 5:37am |
Hi, i hope im in the right section.. Im using crystal 2008.. Im doing a report from 2 tables.. one is an appointment table and one is an address table. Everything is good except its printing the address multiple times for people who have multiple appointments.. If Joe S has 3 appointments it will print his address 3 times.. if Sally has 1 it will print the address once.. Any suggestions on how i can have it print the address 1 type regardless of how many appointments there are? Thanks!
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
sgtjim
Newbie
Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
|

Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 5:42am |
|
I would try putting the address information in a group header and then the appointment information in the details rows. Try to group by some ID for the person, like a MRN.
It would look something like this.
(Group Header)Name, Address, State, Zip, ......
(Detail) Appointment 1, DATE_TIME
Appointment 2, DATE_TIME
Appointment 3, DATE_TIME
|
IP Logged |
|
lowester
Newbie
Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
|

Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 5:52am |
|
I'll give that a try and let you know.. Thanks for the response, much appreciated!
|
IP Logged |
|
lowester
Newbie
Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
|

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 10:06am |
Now to make it a little more complicated..ha ha.. what if both tables have multiple records in each table for the same ID.. Example.. Table 1 is appointments... table 2 is eligibility..
The person has multiple appointments and multiple eligibility
I want it to just print the 2 appointments and their 3 eligibility layers once.. Instead it will print the 3 eligibiliy layers twice.. once per each appointment
|
IP Logged |
|
sgtjim
Newbie
Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
|

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 10:32am |
|
I would try adding more groups.
Group Header 1 (some patient ID)Name, Address, State, Zip, ....
Group Header 2 (Appointment ID) Appointment 1, DATE_TIME
Appointment 2, DATE_TIME
Appointment 3, DATE_TIME
Detail Eligibility 1
Eligibility 1
Eligibility 1
I think this will help solve you issue. I am not sure with out seeing more the table linking, data and report structure. I hope this helps!
|
IP Logged |
|
lowester
Newbie
Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
|

Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 1:39am |
|
Thanks!.. worked great!
|
IP Logged |
|
lowester
Newbie
Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
|

Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 6:05am |
I feel stupid and apoligize..i thought it worked but it did not.. I have 2 tables like this appointment table ____________________________________ PATID |Apointment date | Appointment Time| -------------------------------------------------- 01 |01012012 |8:00 AM | -------------------------------------------------- 01 |01022112 |9:00 AM | Elig Table PATID |elig ID | Effective Date | --------------------------------------------- 01 |111111 |01012012 | --------------------------------------------- 01 |111112 |01012012 | I need to to pull this PAT 01 Apointments: 01012012 01022012 Eligi: 111111 111112 Instead it prints both elig twice.. because there are 2 date entries in the appointment tables... Im sorry if i am confusing..
|
IP Logged |
|
sgtjim
Newbie
Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
|

Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 6:17am |
|
Don't worry Crystal makes us all feel stupid from time to time.
It would seem that the original approach may work...
First Group By PAT_ID
(Group Header)Name, Address, State, Zip, ......
(Detail) Appointment 1, DATE_TIME , Elig ID 1
Appointment 2, DATE_TIME, Elig ID 2
Appointment 3, DATE_TIME, ELig ID 3
This really should work if your linkage is like this;
Patient p
Left Join Appointment a ON p.PAT_ID = a.PAT_ID
Left Join Elig e ON p.PAT_ID = e.PAT_ID
Hope this helps. [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="middle" />
Edited by sgtjim - 27 Jan 2012 at 6:17am
|
IP Logged |
|
lowester
Newbie
Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
|

Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 6:57am |
I truely appreciate you helping me!! .... A person can have multiple eligbilities and only one appointment though.. I need to to appear
John Dode Apppointments: 01/01/2012 01/02/2012 Eligibility: 111111 111112 Instead it will print Apppointments: 01/01/2012 01/02/2012 Eligibility: 111111 111112 111111 111112 I guess im all confused haha
|
IP Logged |
|
sgtjim
Newbie
Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
|

Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 7:02am |
|
Try grouping by appointment ID and then placing the Eligibility in the appointment group header.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|