Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Promble w/ cascading dynamic parameter Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
TAH2
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Quote TAH2 Replybullet Topic: Promble w/ cascading dynamic parameter
     Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 7:57am
This error was raised when I tried to use a cascading dynamic parameter  "Prompting failed with the following error message: 'List of Values failure: fail to get values. Cause of error: Failed to retreive data from the database"
 
There are 3 views used as the datasource for the report.
 
- Accounts
- Bank Signers
- Signers

I created a cascading dynamic parameter which contains 4 values:

- Legal Entity
- Bank Name
- Bank Acct
- Signer Name

All of the values come from the Accounts view with the exception of the Signer Name.  If I leave Signer Name out of the parameter everything works fine, however when it is included the list of values failure error is raised.  Does this mean that I can only select fields from one of the views for the cascading dynamic parameter.



Edited by TAH2 - 19 Jan 2012 at 8:08am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 7:29am
I am pretty sure that you can use values from different tables....just need to link the values.
IP IP Logged
TAH2
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Quote TAH2 Replybullet Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 8:08am
What do you mean by link the values.  The tables are linked. 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 4:44am
then I would have thought that you could use cascading parameters...afterall it was designed (I thought) to pull from multiple tables and views are nothing more than pseudo tables...CR treats them like tables.
 
perhaps someone else knows
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum