Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Filtering Question Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dalefh
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Jan 2012
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote dalefh Replybullet Topic: Filtering Question
     Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 4:30pm
I am in Day 2 of an evaluation of Crystal 2011 so we're not talking skilled by any means here!  
I have a situation where I would like to put the same field (pay code) into 3 distinct columns and then somehow list code 1-30 in column A, 31-65 in column B and the rest in column C.  I have tried using a filter, but it seems that the filter is applied to the field, rather than the column, so each column ends up using the same filter.  Is there any way I can achieve this task?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 4:25am

you can place the paycode in each of your 3 columns and conditionally suppress each paycode field instance to match what you want to show.

//suppress A
Not({table.listcode} in 1 to 30)
//suppress B
Not({table.listcode} in 31 to 65)
//suppress C
Not({table.listcode} <65)
 
If you are expecting to collapse multiple rows together onto a single line then you would need to exaplin more what your full design is.


Edited by DBlank - 19 Jan 2012 at 4:26am
IP IP Logged
dalefh
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Jan 2012
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote dalefh Replybullet Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 12:11pm
Thank you, this worked well but leads me to another question. The data lists in the correct columns, but now I have 30 blank lines in Suppress B column and 65 in Suppress C column. Am I able to just show each list starting from the 'top' of each column?

Edited by dalefh - 22 Jan 2012 at 1:17pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum