Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Date fields in subreport not populating Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Stingerfreak
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Dec 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Stingerfreak Replybullet Topic: Date fields in subreport not populating
     Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 9:40am
Hello, all, I'm hoping you can help with a bizarre issue I'm experiencing using  Crystal XI Developer with Prolog Manager v. 2008.  I have created a couple of subreports that have a variety of field types included - some string, some formula, some numeric, some date.  When I run the base report against the target data, all of the fields in the subreport populate with the correct information, EXCEPT the date fields.  This has happened to me on multiple reports against multiple data groups.  There is no special formatting of the date fields, no filters, no parameter fields... these are just straight up date fields that refuse to populate.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue, and if so, can you please advise a resolution before I tear all my hair out!  Thanks...
IP IP Logged
CircleD
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 1:48am
You need to insure that the date fields are actual dates or strings.If string then you need to use a formula to convert them to date and they should work then.
IP IP Logged
Stingerfreak
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Dec 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Stingerfreak Replybullet Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 2:33am
Thanks for the reply.  They are passed from the datasource as date/time fields and formatted in Crystal in one of the standard date formats.
 
Any other suggestions??
IP IP Logged
CircleD
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 11:31pm
Are you using more than one table to pull the information from?
IP IP Logged
Stingerfreak
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Dec 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Stingerfreak Replybullet Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 2:31am
All the information in the subreport came from the same table.  I ended up "resolving" the issue by creating new formula fields, and in the formula editor, chose only the date fields, and for some reason, now they're showing up!  Even though I formatted the formula field as a date, the report still shows date AND time, but I got around that by reducing the horizontal field size.  Quite a lame workaround, but I was at a loss as to what else to do!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum