Joined: 03 Dec 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Topic: Date fields in subreport not populating Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 9:40am
Hello, all, I'm hoping you can help with a bizarre issue I'm experiencing using Crystal XI Developer with Prolog Manager v. 2008. I have created a couple of subreports that have a variety of field types included - some string, some formula, some numeric, some date. When I run the base report against the target data, all of the fields in the subreport populate with the correct information, EXCEPT the date fields. This has happened to me on multiple reports against multiple data groups. There is no special formatting of the date fields, no filters, no parameter fields... these are just straight up date fields that refuse to populate.
Does anyone have any experience with this issue, and if so, can you please advise a resolution before I tear all my hair out! Thanks...
Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 1:48am
You need to insure that the date fields are actual dates or strings.If string then you need to use a formula to convert them to date and they should work then.
Joined: 03 Dec 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 2:31am
All the information in the subreport came from the same table. I ended up "resolving" the issue by creating new formula fields, and in the formula editor, chose only the date fields, and for some reason, now they're showing up! Even though I formatted the formula field as a date, the report still shows date AND time, but I got around that by reducing the horizontal field size. Quite a lame workaround, but I was at a loss as to what else to do!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum