Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Topic: removing characters out of a field Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 6:10am
I have a formula in my report that reads right({JNL.jnlkey},6). The issue is that all the values in this field are not 6 characters from the right. However the values that i need would all be right if i cut off the first 10 characters from the left. I am not sure how to write this formula any suggestions would be appreciated.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 4:50am
NOt sure I follow yur logic.
Trimming the left by 10 characters would only change your original formula result... right(field,6) ... if the left trim made the end result less than 6 total characters.
Your request can be accomplished if you use a mid function to remove the first 10 characters...
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum