Topic: Field duplicating Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 9:14am
I am trying to run a report that shows a bunch of stats on products in a specified location (we have multiple warehouse so it is based on a single warehouse). What I am trying to is show a percentage of product available at the specified location (products with at least one piece on hand / products at location). Now one of the fields in the report is a reservation amount and if a product has more than one reservation on it, the product is duplicating on the report which throws my numbers off. Even if I group the report by product code so it only shows once, behind the scenes it is still duplicating so my numbers are high.
How I am getting my numbers is I am doing a count on the number of products that show up in the report (also since some products duplicate I have to use a distinct count) and then if there is one piece available for said product then I have a formula that makes a different field a 1. If the product has nothing on hand the other field is a 0. Again, because of the duplication due to the reservations, I am getting multiple 1's for a single product.
Is there a way to do an exists statement of something that say if the product already exists once and there formula field has a 1, make all following records for that product a 0??
Example: product code available on reserve formula field product a Yes 3 1 product a Yes 5 1
With the above, I do a distinct count on product code (which will only count the above 1 time) but then I need to do a sum on the formula field (as you can see it will double the number here). What I want to happen is this:
product code available on reserve formula field
product a Yes 3 1
product a Yes 5 0
I see I see...could you give me short description on what I should do?? When I do running totals on the field I am getting a way bigger number than I should. Thanks again
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum