Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: CR section background color Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Author Message
Ramona
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote Ramona Replybullet Topic: CR section background color
     Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 9:08am

Can anybody help to set section background color as transparent? Thank you in advance.

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 9:14am
It kind of is 'transparent' by default...what purpose/ end result are you trying to get to?

Edited by DBlank - 10 Jan 2012 at 9:14am
IP IP Logged
Ramona
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote Ramona Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 10:57am
Thank you, DBlank. I overlay the sections but can't see central part of background image. Still struggling.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 10:59am
You can move the object forward or backward
IP IP Logged
Ramona
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote Ramona Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 11:12am
Hi DBlank,
 
I Will try tomorrow. Your help is really appreciated.
Will let you know if that works for me :-)
 
--Ramona
IP IP Logged
Ramona
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote Ramona Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 3:58am
Hi DBlank,
 
I moved objects backword but still can't see the whole background color. I use the box filled with a color as a minor part of my report backgorund. I can't move box to front. Any suggestions? Thank you. 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:08am
So you have a box on a group header
the box is using a fill color
the group header is set to 'Underlay following section'
You want the following sections to print over the box but the in some cases the background of the object in the detail section is leaving void in the color.
Is that accurate?
What are the field types that are leaving the void?
IP IP Logged
Ramona
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote Ramona Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:12am
Hi DBlank,
 
Sorry, I should give you more details. I have two subreports in the Details section and the box with background color which is suposed to be background of a minor part of report. I insert a chart in Report Header section which is underlay to the following section. So I can see the chart over the contents of subreports in Details section.
 
Another problem is: after I add chart, I got many extra Details section content pages, the Report Footer content is at the last page. How can I get all content as one page? The size of all contents is suit for a page size. Thank you. 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:27am
is your chart using a table that was not perviously used in the report?
If so then by adding the chart you 'enforcing' the join in your table set up which changes your data set to include multiple rows which were caused by the join.
YOU can also test this by removing the chart and dragging a dropping a field from the previously unused table ont the erport and should see the detail rows expand.
I am still not quite understanding your overlay issue.
Is the chart onscuring the subreport or is the subreport obscuring the chart? Is the filled in box in the subreport or the main report?
IP IP Logged
Ramona
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote Ramona Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 7:11am
You are right! It is about data table. How can I resolve this problem?
For the overlay issue, chart and subreports are OK. Two subreports are in my main report Details section. The box is in the Details section of main report too. I can display everything except for central part of the box.
 
You are really helpful. Thank you so much.
 
 
--Ramona
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum