Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Last Record - Ommitted Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JaneM
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote JaneM Replybullet Topic: Last Record - Ommitted
     Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:29am
Hi,
 
I am a newbie with Crystal Reports (2011, v 14.0.0.760 RTM) and have only created a dozen or so simple reports.
 
On one of my reports the last record is not being included.
 
There is one selection formula for the report which is at the RECORD level:
 
{Agreement.NAME} in ["Amending", "Negotiating", "Signing Process"] and
{Agreement.ID} startswith "abc"
 
The report has two groupings (by Manager, then by Agreement Type).  Both fields are part of the main table (Agreements). The grouping header is being printed.  But the last agreement for that grouping is not.
 
I am not summing anything, or calculating anything in this report.
 
I have checked the missing record and it does not have null values for any of the fields being used.  If I add an additional record to the database, for testing purposes, the missing record appears and the new testing record which is now the last record does not.
 
Does anyone have any idea of what is happening?  Please let me know if you need any more info.
 
Thanks,
Jane
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:34am

are you doing any suppressing?

IP IP Logged
JaneM
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote JaneM Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:36am
Nothing I have explicitly put in place.  I want to include all records selected by the Record Selection formula.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:42am
if you insert a count of {Agreement.NAME} in the report footer do you get the correct number or a number that indicates a missing row?
 
Count({Agreement.NAME})
IP IP Logged
JaneM
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote JaneM Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:49am
Ah!  The count is correct.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:54am
then it is most likely being suppressed somehow,
 
If you are not using detail sections and only displaying on group footers or headers then it only displays the first or last record in that group.
 
More likely you have a suppression formula using onlastrecord.
In the section expert click on each section and look if any section has any formulas in use (the "X-2" button will have an angled pencil and use red font).
Most likely location will be detail section in the suppress no drill down but check everywhere.
IP IP Logged
JaneM
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote JaneM Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:10am
I have two detail sections and neither have any formulas.  I do have the "Keep Together" option checked but that is the only option touched.  I have used selection formulas in other reports and understand what you mean by the  "X+2" button being red.
 
That being said, from the x+2 Format Formula Editor I checked the detail sections and did find a suppression formula :
 
next ({Agreements.AgrmntID})={Agreements.ID})
 
Have no idea what I did to get that.
 
Do I simply delete that formula?
 
Thank you for all your help!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:16am
whenever this formula
next ({Agreements.AgrmntID})={Agreements.ID})
evaluates to true that row will be suppressed.
try changing the pick list option in the formula editor (for this suppression formula) to 'use default values for null'
IP IP Logged
JaneM
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote JaneM Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:24am

Bingo.  That worked.

I really appreciate your help on this.  I had no idea of what to look for and getting this fixed is really important.
 
Thank you.
 
jane
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum