| Author |
Message |
Ramona
Newbie
Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
|

Topic: CR section background color Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 9:08am |
Can anybody help to set section background color as transparent? Thank you in advance.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 9:14am |
|
It kind of is 'transparent' by default...what purpose/ end result are you trying to get to?
Edited by DBlank - 10 Jan 2012 at 9:14am
|
IP Logged |
|
Ramona
Newbie
Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
|

Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 10:57am |
|
Thank you, DBlank. I overlay the sections but can't see central part of background image. Still struggling.
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 10:59am |
|
You can move the object forward or backward
|
IP Logged |
|
Ramona
Newbie
Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
|

Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 11:12am |
Hi DBlank,
I Will try tomorrow. Your help is really appreciated.
Will let you know if that works for me :-)
--Ramona
|
IP Logged |
|
Ramona
Newbie
Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
|

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 3:58am |
Hi DBlank,
I moved objects backword but still can't see the whole background color. I use the box filled with a color as a minor part of my report backgorund. I can't move box to front. Any suggestions? Thank you.
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:08am |
So you have a box on a group header
the box is using a fill color
the group header is set to 'Underlay following section'
You want the following sections to print over the box but the in some cases the background of the object in the detail section is leaving void in the color.
Is that accurate?
What are the field types that are leaving the void?
|
IP Logged |
|
Ramona
Newbie
Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
|

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:12am |
Hi DBlank,
Sorry, I should give you more details. I have two subreports in the Details section and the box with background color which is suposed to be background of a minor part of report. I insert a chart in Report Header section which is underlay to the following section. So I can see the chart over the contents of subreports in Details section.
Another problem is: after I add chart, I got many extra Details section content pages, the Report Footer content is at the last page. How can I get all content as one page? The size of all contents is suit for a page size. Thank you.
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:27am |
is your chart using a table that was not perviously used in the report?
If so then by adding the chart you 'enforcing' the join in your table set up which changes your data set to include multiple rows which were caused by the join.
YOU can also test this by removing the chart and dragging a dropping a field from the previously unused table ont the erport and should see the detail rows expand.
I am still not quite understanding your overlay issue.
Is the chart onscuring the subreport or is the subreport obscuring the chart? Is the filled in box in the subreport or the main report?
|
IP Logged |
|
Ramona
Newbie
Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
|

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 7:11am |
You are right! It is about data table. How can I resolve this problem?
For the overlay issue, chart and subreports are OK. Two subreports are in my main report Details section. The box is in the Details section of main report too. I can display everything except for central part of the box.
You are really helpful. Thank you so much.
--Ramona
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|