Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: vertical page break? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Barb
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Quote Barb Replybullet Topic: vertical page break?
     Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 1:47am

Hello

 

I have a very wide report (3 pages long) and the A3 paper (landscape) is not enough to show results for all 40 employees spread in a header section.

 

I need help adjusting the page break so that the results are shown for the first 20 employees and results for employee 21 onwards are shown on a new page.

  

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

      E1  E2 E3 E4 E5 E6…

X   

X

X

X

 

 

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

E21 E22 E23 E24….

X

X

X

X

 

Your help is greatly appreciated.

 
 
 
 
Many thanks
Barb
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 4:33am
I am pretty sure that there is a record counter (RecordNumber), but I haven't used it, but you could use it or a shared variable that is incremented every employee (detail or group header...whichever is appropriate), and in the Section Expert for the group(probably) put something like:
 
shared numbervar counter;
counter = 21
 
or
 
RecordNumber = 21
 
for the New Page Before x-2 button
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Barb
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Quote Barb Replybullet Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 1:40am

Many thanks for your reply but my employees are within the page header section (I show the employees in the header section using pivot table)

and the New Page Before option is greyed out.

Is there any other way to do this?

Many thanks
Barb
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 3:43am
ahhh, I misunderstood...
 
I know how I could accomplish this in another reporting system, but CR is harder.  Actually nothing is coming to mind that I know will work. 
 
Things I would try/have thought of:
*multiple page headers that are suppressed dynamically
*multiple employee tables for multiple cross tabs (stored proc)
*moving the data out of the page header into a group and having the group header act as the page header
*subreport
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum