Topic: How to Change Database Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 12:47am
I had create and application using VB6 and Crystal Report 10. My database is SQLServer 2000.
I had used connection wizard while putting the field into the report and had use 'DataEnviroment' Tables through connection to put field into the report.
Now, I want to change the database every thing should be same except the name, How can I achieve that. I had placed many many filed and reports so its not possible to replace each filed at one time
Actually, Its an accounting software I want to run two companies on same computer so for which I want to replicate the database with another name and want to make connection with them.
Joined: 30 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 7:03pm
hi,
In order to change the database connection of report, The changed database must have the same metadata. the you goto database menu of crystal report , then goto data source location,
Here you make a new database connection and update the old database connection with the new database connection.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum