Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Report 10 - Edit Sections VB Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
zaco1988
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote zaco1988 Replybullet Topic: Crystal Report 10 - Edit Sections VB
     Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 2:33am
Hi,

I am having trouble editing a Crystal Report by using VB.

I can populate the report etc but the I bascially want to code/edit the sections within the Report. 

How can I access the sections and then edit it by using VB ???

Thanks,


IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 4:48am
I am sure it can be done....
 
Biggest question, what sort of editing?  Adding/Deleting fields, changing data structure, or just moving/hiding/showing existing fields?
 
CR doesn't like the structure of the report to change, but I am sure it's possible, I just haven't done it.
IP IP Logged
zaco1988
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote zaco1988 Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 4:59am
I was looking to edit for example:

Where I have designed the report and placed an image object, drill down into the vb of the report and then set properties.

The reason being:  I have pictures which will be loaded and are linked by a reference, each type has its own reference. 

But what I have managed to do, is:  create a parameter, link a ole picture to the parameter, then set the parameter's location in the vb.net.

This has got around my problem but still would be great to know how to hard code/edit vaules in the report:  ie textobject1.text ="text"


IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 5:10am
hmm...
 
I don't know, since I have tried to manipulate images in a report, and CR doesn't provide any methods to interrogate the image so that one can change the size....but if the application knows the size, I guess you should be able to manipulate the size of an object.
 
I think that in general you would need to name each object and I think that you can manipulate objects if you know the names, but again, I haven't ever done this.  I usually just manipulate the data, pass it to the report and then have the report respond to the data.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum