Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: CR XI string field 255 character limit Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 4:43am
I am using crystal reports pro 11.0.0.1282
the report data source is a sql view (the database is on a MSSQL server 2005), connected by an ODBC connection
I am having an issue with a notes field (the field in the sql view is a varchar(max); most of the records have more than 255 characters in this field; outside the crystal report the data can be viewed fully; however in the report it gets truncated at 255 characters)
I thought there was no longer a limitation on string limitation on string fields?
Only work around for this is, need to find the maximum len of your field value then using Left(), Mid() functions you need to cut the string and in the report concatente all the strings.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum