Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Topic: select expert/formula Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 2:06am
sorry if this is a repeat; i'm new here. i use CR11 to retrieve data from our learning management system db. if i select table A (say everybody in Atlanta) and table B (say all service techs) i get an output of everybody in atlanta AND all service techs,; what i want is just service techs in atlanta. how do i do this??
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 3:39am
link the tables.
while I haven't read straight from the tables in years (ever really), I do recall DBlank mentioning something about 'Enforce Joins'. It is an option on the link and that should help...or at least give a starting point for more research.
I use stored procedures, so my select with a join, would only give the intersection of Atlanta and techs.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:53am
stored procedures...don't worry about right now...they are a subject unto themselves.
the enforce joins is an option on the link. If you right click on the link between 2 tables and select an option. I am not that familiar with them...at a guess I would say 'enforced both' and see if that give you the report that you are looking for.
Again, I am not much of an expert on this as I don't need them, but I know that they exist.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum