Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Topic: Across and then down layout Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 11:13pm
Hi there,
The requirement I have is to display the result set across the page, rather than down the page. I have figured out a major part of this is using the 'Across and then down' layout. To illustrate, I'm getting the flow I want, Eg. :-
John Naomi Peter
M F M
1980 1990 1970
Red Black Blonde
Aaron Betty Charles
M F M
1980 1990 1970
Red Black Blonde
However, what I can't figure out is how to add Field labels to just the beginning of each row. Eg :-
Name: John Naomi Peter
Sex: M F M
DOB: 1980 1990 1970
Hair: Red Black Blonde
Name: Aaron Betty Charles
Sex: M F M
DOB: 1980 1990 1970
Hair: Red Black Blonde
I'm using Crystal Reports XI. Anybody have a solution for this?
Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 1:46pm
Thanks for your reply. I had a try, but that seems to be geared towards cross referencing multiple dimensions in the dataset. In my case, it's just a straight single repeating group, so I could not get it to behave how I'd like it to using a Cross-Tab.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 3:21pm
I have not tested the idea out but what comes to mind would be conditionally suppressed text boxes. You will know how many records are set to display on a row based on your width design. You could insert a running total and come up with an algorithm using mod or remainderagainst that running total to determine when to suppress the text. E.g show text every 5th row.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 10:11am
how about a silly idea,
layout the page for a basic column style report, then rotate the labels so that when everything prints, it would print in such a way that everything lines up the way you desire...the labels at the end would just be the normal headers, but rotated.
The biggest problem is things like page headers and footers as they would run the 'wrong' way.
It is a different approach, and not guaranteed to work.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum