Topic: PAGE NUMBERS FOR REPORT FOOTER Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 6:06pm
I would like to print page numbers for report footer after resetting page number on report footer. Most imprtanatly I would like to show page footer only for report footer section content. Can I put a formula such that page footer should only print for report footer?
Not onlastrecord would work closely on page footer formula. I can suppress pagefooter for all content except last record of the conent. After words it's all report footer content. However, this is still leaving impression on last record of the report content.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 3:16am
so your report footer is not on the same page as the last record?
well, if so, then I don't really have any ideas on how to display that.
well, I guess 1, why are you using the page footer if you aren't using it like a footer. Why not put it as additional section of the report footer, because that is how you are using not it...as a report footer, not a page footer. Then it will only print once per report...after everything else is printed.
The idea is, I've inserted terms and conditions on report footer. I've reset page number after last record of the report so that terms and conditions can print begging new page with page number begining 1 onwards. So the page footer acts for two purposes one for actual report and other for report footer. Does this makes sense? Is there any better practice?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 3:19am
so why not split the report footer and put the page reset code there instead of the page footer. seems to me it keeps all of the code in the 'same' general location and removes any issues about the display of the page footer...
I would probably set a flag in the report footer that would suppress the page footer or however you would want to use it.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum