Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Group by hour without events Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
luisbap
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote luisbap Replybullet Topic: Group by hour without events
     Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 3:14am
Hello,
I'm using CR XIr2.
 
I want to group my events by hour (easy), but I want groups for every hour, even if there are no events in it.
I want 24 (sub)groups every day, with or without events.
 
 
This way I can check all the hours when the event did not occur, writing something, paited in red or something similar. or create another report only for those hours without events.
 
Any idea to do it?
Thanks in advance


Edited by luisbap - 14 Dec 2011 at 3:18am
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 5:09am
you could try to create 24 subreports and create titles in each one of them than even if there is no data it will show that title.
i would create multiple report footers and putt the subreports there.
IP IP Logged
luisbap
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote luisbap Replybullet Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 5:17am

Thank you. That's one approach.

 
Now I'm thinking in use a cross-referenced table.
I created a table "Hours" with 24 rows and somehow "extract" the "hour" of the datetime field to match the table "Hours".
This way I always have all the hours in each row of the X-ref table and can use it for some other reports.
testing and experimenting ... Dead
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum