Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Topic: Export to excel alingment issue Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 6:45am
I have several reports developed to be exported to excel -data only file. The common issue I am facing is with the alignment of grand totals.
col1 col2 col3 col4
a1 abc 1 2
a2 xyz 3 4
4 6
In the example above last row is the granf total and I wnat them to be aligned with col3 and col4.
I tried vertical grid lines and also the width of col3 on grnadtotal be col1 width + col2 + col3 width. still not working.
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 2:53am
When I have had this problem I have put two text boxes under the first two columns with a single full stop in them. On Export to data only, this puts the totals in the right place, and the . is hardly noticeable. It's a fudge, but it works.
Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 4:52am
Thank you all for the suggestions.
It is working when I have a text box for the columns in front. The text box can be empty as well. If there are multiple columns before the totals you need to have one empty text box for each column. If you have only one text box spanning the width of all columns it does not work.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum